ATP meeting every third Tuesday of the month from 5:00 – 6:00
Junta de ATP cada tercer martes del mes de 5:00-6:00
I am very excited to start the 2013-2014 school year as your new Longfellow Principal. Although this will be my first year as school principal, I am starting my 19th year in education in the Pasco School District and am ready to serve you. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know your child. Our mission at Longfellow is to prepare your student(s) to become respectful, academically competent, self-motivated community members who hold high expectations for themselves in order to become contributing members of our society.
Such an elaborate mission can only be accomplished with the help of EVERYONE who works with your child, including aunts, uncles, grandparents, padrinos, and madrinas. Just like the Olive Garden commercial states, “When you’re here, you’re family”… “When you’re at Longfellow, you’re family”, and so this year expect to roll your sleeves up and join in the most important mission … the education of your child!
Below you will find important information that will help you prepare for the school year.
· The first day of school is Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
· Classes begin at 8:20 a.m. and dismissal is at 3:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Wednesday hours are 8:20 - 1:00.
· Breakfast is served from 7:50 – 8:15 am daily.
· There is no playground supervision until 7:50 a.m. daily. For your child’s safety, please do not send him/her to school before 7:50 a.m.
· For your child’s safety, please make sure that your student crosses at the following crosswalk locations:
Mark your calendars!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to call us or stop in the office any time during our office hours 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. beginning Tuesday, August 13th.
We are looking forward to working with you and your child this year!