Guide to Events *click here
Welcome to the Chiawana Speech & Debate Team. We are excited that you have shown an interest in a successful as well as rewarding program.
Our mission is to encourage critical thinking and teach our members to be able to articulate their thoughts, while providing them a platform to do so.
- Be critical of information
- Don’t be afraid to let your opinion be known.
- Respect everyone’s point of view and give them a safe environment in which to express themselves.
- Push your teammates to be the best they can be!
- Have a good time.
2018 - 2019 Goals:
- To double the number of underclassmen on the team.
- Have the entire team ready to be competitive at the state level.
- Have multiple members place at the state tournament.
Being a part of this program should be considered a privilege. Winning is absolutely part of objective.
Students may join the team through the end of December. See Mrs. Hyde in F1220 for information.
Our 2017-18 schedule is as follows (subject to change):
Vicky Hyde, M.Ed.
- Head Speech and Debate Coach/
- National Forensics League Diamond Coach
- NSDA Inland Empire District Chair
- Assessment Team Lead
- Chiawana High School
- Room F1220
- 8125 W. Argent
- Pasco, WA 99301
- (509) 543-6786 x5610