Dear iPAL Families and Students
Pasco School District is working on a reopening plan for this fall in order to return to school. We would like to let you know that the iPAL staff and community members met for a Springboard Focus Group on July 14, 2020 in order to discuss the protocols in bringing students back for a Mid-Restrictive plan. This plan involved receiving students for continuing their on-site check ins, taking precautions and following the Department of Health guidelines. Please see the work that was done below. This plan will be a part of the larger recommendation to be presented to the PSD school board at their 6:30 pm meeting on July 28, 2020 on YouTube. Feel free to find the meeting at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSTKX0pO2g-uJBSIsZt0YJw.
At-Home Learning 2.0
Rotational Schedule including both
Face-to-Face Instruction and At-Home Learning 2.0
- iPAL is prepared to offer a fully online, virtual learning experience for iPAL K-12 students/families. Students will virtually take quizzes, tests, fulfill weekly check-ins and meet virtually for review of the monthly student learning plans.
- Written and posted protocols for routines and safety for students while on site
- Student assigned seats/times
- Student desks/work-stations are 6’ apart
- All iPAL Classrooms will be supplied with hand sanitizer/gloves
- Identify assessments that can be given remotely or face-to-face to meet students’ social-emotional and academic needs
- Wearing of masks at all time while on site, according to DOH
- Student Check-in at door and/or electronically from home prior
- Handwashing prior to participating
- 6’ Distancing
- Assigned seating
- One student at a time to be allowed on a machine / station if needed, followed by cleaning protocols
- Washing of tools/ surfaces following posted sanitation protocols
- iPal will return to online instruction with weekly in person check ins for quizzes and testing
- Health and safety guidelines will be followed according to DOH
Dear current iPAL Students and Families,
We wanted everyone to be aware of the ability to work from home at this time of school closure. If high school students would like to take tests to continue working on their classes, please call Mrs. Bastin at (509) 416-7235 or Mrs. Brucker at (509) 302-3457 to have them unlock unit tests. They are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. You can also reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any other questions.
Our K-8 students can call Mrs. Gosch to have tests unlocked as well as any questions they may have at (509) 537-4049 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to assist you should you need any additional information at this time. Stay safe and take care of yourselves. We miss you!