COVID Leave of Absence (related to COVID-19)
Do you need to take a leave of absence for one or more of the following reasons related to COVID-19?
- You are subject to state, federal or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19.
- You have been advised by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
- You have been in close contact to someone with COVID-19. *Information for Kellie Lacey and Aubrey Pitzer is listed below. Please contact them for clarification on close contact.
- You have symptoms related to COVID-19, are suspected to have COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You are caring for an individual who is subject to quarantine or has been advised to quarantine related to COVID-19.
- You are caring for or living with someone with COVID-19 or someone with symptoms.
- You are experiencing other conditions substantially similar to COVID-19 as specified by Health & Human Services.
- You need to care for your child whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19.
The FFCRA, Families First Coronavirus Response Act expired on December 31, 2020.
*Please click on the Leave of Absence Programs/Act information link here or the link on the previous page for information on leave programs/acts that may be available to you.
If you would like more information on Paid Family and Medical leave and Coronavirus, COVID-19 click here.
Leave of Absence Forms
- COVID leave/ EPSL Request Form
Staff Members can use the Covid leave/EPSL form above to apply for EPSL, Emergency Paid Sick Leave and/or to apply to take time off for Covid related reasons. Staff members may or may not be eligible for EPSL based on EPSL time already taken or your collective bargaining agreement. Once the application is submitted staff members will be notified of eligibility
Forms you may need:
- Healthcare Provider release Form- If you need a medical release, this form is available for you to use with your healthcare provider.
- Notice of Return to Work Form- This form is completed on the first working day back after the leave is complete. Please do not postdate forms.