HYBRID and REMOTE LEARNING SCHEDULES
ATTENTION: We are transitioning to hybrid learning for 3rd Quarter MicroCourse #3. Please continue checking the school website, sign up for REMINDapp and follow social media posts for updates as the path to blended learning develops.
*Students who have been confirmed to be on the POTENTIAL GRADUATE list will begin hybrid learning Feb. 22nd. All other students opting for hybrid learning will begin March 1st (Please communicate with your advisor if you believe you should be on this list)
What you need to know:
- Hybrid Learning for most students wanting in-person learning will begin March 1st
- Students transitioning to hybrid learning will be grouped in what are called "cohorts", attending either Mondays and Tuesdays OR Thursdays and Fridays
- The schedule has changed, please see below for details
- Students can choose to remain in a remote learning program.
- Students are expected to attend during their designated days. Remote students attend Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- All students attending in-building instruction must comply with COVID-safety practices as required by the Pasco School District
What is a Micro-Course?
A micro-course is a two week long "flipped-class". Students only focus on one subject for the intensified micro-course period. During this time, the student will need to access all asynchronous material (teacher-made tutorials, handouts, lessons, activities, etc) through a platform provided by their teacher. In the afternoon, their teacher will meet all students via Zoom Conference/ In-Person to discuss the material and to further their understanding. Zoom time/ In Person learning is called synchronous learning time. It is crucial that the student does the asynchronous work required to succeed throughout the micro-course.
What is the Hybrid Learning Schedule?
Students have been grouped into "cohorts" to reduce class sizes during the pandemic. You are either assigned to Cohort A or Cohort B. Cohorted students attend in-person learning for 2 hours and 20 minutes and only on their designated days. Email your advisor, current teacher, or office to find out which "cohort" you belong to. Advisory will now be twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays at 1:50pm. Please contact the main office for further questions at 509-543-6796
Expectations if attending In-Person Learning:
* Students will not be allowed to borrow supplies such as laptop charger, pencils, paper at school
* Food will not be allowed on campus
What is the new Remote Learning Schedule?
Students opting to continue remote learning will resume a familiar routine. Zoom meetings with their teacher will now be offered from 12:35 to 1:50 (1 hour 15minutes) four days a week. Advisory will now be twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays at 1:50pm.