Mini Fruit Pizzas
with Maria Hernandez and Leah Piskel
Mini Fruit Pizza
This Mini Fruit Pizza recipe is easy to make with a cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, and sliced fruit. An easy fruit pizza is the perfect summer dessert!PREP TIME20 minutesTOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounce container or 3 cups cool whip, or use whipped cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 shortbread cookies, or use homemade sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup sliced kiwi
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced blackberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the cool whip and beat until smooth. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread 1 tablespoon on each cookie. (I had about one cup of frosting left over.)
- Top frosted cookies with sliced fruit.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Julia Child's Quiche Lorraine
With Amber Hunt
A quiche hot out of the oven, a salad, and a cool bottle of white wine—there's the perfect light meal. Baked in an open-faced pastry shell, the quiche is really just a custard in fancy dress, a mixture of eggs and flavorings. Quick to assemble and practically foolproof, it requires an expert hand only for its crust. And if you've been having troubles with pastry dough, give this recipe a whirl in your electric mixer.
- 6 to 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon
- An 8-inch partially cooked pastry shell placed on a buttered baking sheet
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper and nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice bacon into ¼ inch pieces and brown lightly in a frying pan; drain and spread in bottom of pastry shell. Beat eggs, cream, and seasonings in a bowl to blend.
- Just before baking, pour cream mixture into the shell, filling to within 1/8 inch of the top. Cut butter into bits and distribute over the cream.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until quiche has puffed and browned, and a small knife, plunged into custard, comes out clean. Serve hot, warm, or cold; quiche will sink slightly as it cools.
Serves 4 to 6
Box Cake Cookies
With Swan Eaton