SPORT REGISTRATIONWe now offer the convenience of online registration through our partner company, FamilyID.Parent(s) please click on the link to register your student athlete.(BEST NOT TO USE YOUR SMART PHONE ON FAMILYID.COM)If you are unable to register at home, please feel free to give us a call, we have internet and a computer available for you to register your student athlete.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER you will need:
1. A Sport Physical (click on Sport Physical for form)
2. Medical Insurance. If student does not have medical insurance you may purchase one from Myers-Stevens & Toohey & Co. Inc
3. All fines must be cleared in order to be eligible to play.
4. Purchase ASB as of 8/26/2019 for 2019-2020 school year and present proof of ASB purchase to the Atheltic Office.
5. If Running Start Student, need to fill out WIAA Eligibility Form.Click here for form
6. If Home Base School, need to fill out Wiaa Eligibility Form.Click here for form
TURN IN YOUR SPORT PHYSICAL
PRESENT PROOF OF ASB PURCHASE TO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Eight Ways to be a Supportive Parent to your
PHS Student Athlete
1. Support your child, win or lose.
2. Encourage your child to learn.
3. View sports as an important part of your child’s development.
4. Attend your child’s games.
5. Keep goals of the team in mind.
6. Do not undermine the coach.
7. Lend your support to the team.
8. Have patience with your child.
Travel Expectations When Traveling Outside of Pasco, WA
1. All student athletes are expected to travel on a bus/district vehicle to and from the competition location:
a. Grades 9-12
b. Even to locations in Kennewick and Richland, WA
c. During special circumstances, a parent/legal guardian must pre-approve their child through the Head coach or PHS Athletic office in order to get to the competition via an alternate form of transportation (i.e. the student will drive themselves or the parent will give the child a ride). Special circumstances may include but are not limited to; family functions, school performances/functions, and work-related commitments.
d. Student athletes will never be permitted to ride to and from a competition with another student athlete unless they are immediate family and special circumstances are in effect (see above).
e. Student athletes must ride the bus back to PHS unless:
i. There were prior arrangements by the parent/legal guardian with the Head Coach or Athletics office (See ‘C’ above).
ii. A parent or legal guardian signs the student athlete out after the competition and before the bus departs the location and travels back to PHS.
2. Students will be supervised by a contracted Pasco High School coach at all times while on the bus:
a. For every trip, there will be at least one PHS coach on the bus supervising the student athletes
3. Coaches will be required to:
a. Document and take attendance of all student athletes on the bus to and from the destination.
b. Collect written proof that a parent/legal guardian has signed out their child from riding the bus to or from the destination before the bus departs.
c. The coach(s) that ride the bus must also stay at PHS upon return until all PHS student athletes have been picked up at the school.
d. Make sure the bus is left in good standing with no messes or spills left on the bus upon return to PHS.