Welcome to the Health Curriculum for the Pasco School District. For questions and information contact: Curriculum and Professional Development Department 543-6700.
by McGraw Hill Year Published: 2021
Teen Health © 2021
Middle school health courses provide students with critical knowledge during a crucial period in their lives. It is essential that a program is engaging enough to capture your students’ attention while covering topics that they will encounter in the real world. Teen Health, a market leader in middle school health curriculum, teaches the 10 critical health skills that align with the National Health Standards. Students will practice and learn to apply the health skills in a variety of situations they may encounter as teenagers. While emphasizing critical social and emotional skills, Teen Health explores up-to-date information and statistics on timely, relevant topics like:
● The COVID-19 pandemic. ● Tobacco use and vaping. ● Alcohol and drugs (including opioid and heroin abuse). ● Bullying and cyberbullying.
by McGraw Hill Teen Health Year Published: 2022
Glencoe Health provides high-school students with age-appropriate content that aligns with the National Health Education Standards to help them become health-literate individuals. This research-based program focuses on the development and application of critical knowledge and skills during a crucial period in students’ lives.
Glencoe Health also emphasizes social and emotional skills while exploring up-to-date information and statistics on timely, relevant topics like:
• COVID-19 Pandemic and other communicable diseases.
• Latest MyPlate guidelines and nutrition label updates.
• Alcohol and drugs (including opioid and heroin abuse).
• Tobacco use, e-cigarettes, and vaping.
• Cyberbullying, privacy, and online harassment