INJURIES AT SCHOOL
The health and safety of our students is one of the district's foremost concerns. Unfortunately, despite best efforts by parents and educators, accidents do happen. These accidents can result in medical bills that may be expensive. Many families are unaware that the Pasco School District does not carry insurance for student personal injury costs and therefore cannot assume responsibility for the costs. If your student is injured during school activities you, as the guardian, may be responsible for related medical bills. This includes students participating in athletics.
When a student is injured or ill at school, or during any school sponsored event:
- A staff member will provide immediate care to the student unless or until the staff member is relieved by a nurse, a doctor or emergency personnel.
- The parent/guardian will be contacted except in the case of very minor injuries that, in the judgement of the school nurse or staff person, do not pose a serious risk to the student (please keep your contact information up to date).
- In the case of a medical emergency 9-1-1 will be called.
- Transport to nearest hospital may be necessary. If transport is necessary, a building or district administrator will go to the hospital and remain there, with the student, until a parent or guardian arrives.
Optional Student Accident Insurance
The Pasco School District has partnered with Myers-Stevens & Toohey, Inc. to provide families with an option to purchase student accident and health insurance. These low cost plans are offered by many school districts across Washington. Although Myers-Stevens & Toohey, Inc. are not the only provider of this type of coverage, they have been recommended by our Washington Schools Risk Management Pool.
Coverage is available for:
- Interscholastic Tackle Football
- School-Time Accident Plan
- Full-Time 24/7 Accident Plan
- Accident & Sickness Plan
- Dental Accident Plan
Enrollment is quick and easy and may be completed online for processing and IMMEDIATE proof of coverage. Otherwise the enrollment paperwork may be printed, completed and submitted via mail, email or fax.
- Click Here to Enroll Online
- 2019-20 English Enrollment Form
- 2019-20 Spanish Enrollment Form
- 2019-20 Korean Enrollment Form
- 2019-20 Mandarin Enrollment Form
- 2019-20 Vietnamese Enrollment Form
Filing a Claim
1. For school-related injuries, report the injury immediately to school officials, providing as much detail as possible.
2. Print out or request a claim form from the school and ask the authorized school official to COMPLETELY AND LEGIBLY fill out Part A of the claim form.
3. Follow ALL claim form instructions and refer to page one of the form for additional guidance on selecting a health care provider, seekint treatment and other pertinent information.
- Myers-Stevens & Toohey Inc. 1 (800) 827-4695
- PSD Safety/Risk Manager (509) 543-6700 ext. 2349
Page Last Updated: 10/07/2019