Frequently Asked Questions
SafeSchools Alert is an online reporting system that lets students, staff, parents, and community members confidentially report safety concerns and suggestions to school administration 24/7/365. Tips can be submitted via phone, email, text message, and website.
Research shows that students often fail to report issues that are happening at school because they can’t do it anonymously and thus fear for their safety. SafeSchools Alert opens the lines of communication and lets your entire school community safely and confidentially alert your administration about safety incidents and concerns.
Any tip that can help make your district a safer place to work and learn can be submitted. Bullying, sexual harassment, weapons, suspicious activity, drugs, general safety suggestions or any information about threats to your school or district’s safety are welcome and appreciated.
Yes! Tips may be submitted in languages other than English. The SafeSchools Alert website has a small drop down translation menu on the bottom of their website that allows users to view the website in English, Spanish or French.
When submitting a tip via phone, text or email, any language may be used.
Upon the receiving a tip in a language other than English, the district will work with an interpreter to translate the tip and respond accordingly.
Tips can be submitted in one of four convenient ways:
- Website psd1-wa.safeschoolsalert.com (recommended)
- Select the type of tip you’re submitting (i.e. General Tip, Safety Tip, HIB Tip, or Kuddos).
- Complete ALL required fields notated by a red asterisk (*).
- While not required, please provide your name and preferred contact information if you’re comfortable doing so to allow the district to follow-up with you promptly.
- Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Upon successful submission, you will be directed to a confirmation page where you’ll also be provided a unique code. Write this code down because you will need it to track the status of your tip.
- Call (509) 956-4580
- You will be prompted to leave a message.
- Please speak slowly and clearly.
- While not required, please leave your name and preferred contact information if you’re comfortable doing so to allow the district to follow-up with you promptly.
- Follow the automated phone prompts (i.e. “Press “#” or “*” when you are finished”).
- Upon successfully submitting your tip, you will be provided a tracking code. Write this unique code down because you will need it to track the status of your tip.
- Text your tip to (509) 956-4580
- Send a text message with the details of your tip.
- Upon successfully submitting your tip, you will receive a text response with a tracking code.
- Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send an email with the details of your tip.
- To protect the anonymity of tip creators who wish to remain anonymous, SafeSchools Alert is unable to provide a unique tracking code for tips submitted via email. If you wish to remain anonymous and would like to be able to track the status of your tip, it is recommended that you submit your tip via the website (recommended), phone or text.
- Website psd1-wa.safeschoolsalert.com (recommended)
When you submit a tip to SafeSchools Alert, it is immediately logged in the system and your district administration is notified so that they can take appropriate action. Every tip submitted to SafeSchools Alert is taken seriously and will be acted upon. Intentionally submitting a tip that you know to be false is a criminal offense.
SafeSchools Alert is an automated system and tips are not reviewed immediately by district personnel. Tips are generally reviewed within one business day of submission. To check for an acknowledgement response or other communication on your tip, go to psd1-wa.safeschoolsalert.com, enter your tracking code in the “Track Access Code” box and you’ll automatically see the status of your tip.
If you did not receive or have misplaced your unique tracking code, you may submit another tip. Please include in the body of your tip that you either did not receive a tracking code or have misplaced the tracking code you were assigned. The district will make every effort to link all communication to the new tip and new tracking code for your convenience.
When you successfully submit a tip to SafeSchools Alert, you will receive a confirmation message that includes a unique tracking number. Please be sure to write down this number because you will need it to track the status of your tip. The district does NOT get a copy of this tracking code and will be unable to provide it to you if you fail to write it down or lose it.
To check the status of your tip, go to psd1-wa.safeschoolsalert.com, type your code in the “Track Access Code” box and you’ll automatically see the status of your tip.
On this page, you also have the option of providing additional information. To do so, simply click on the “Comment” button.
If you have additional questions, you may contact your district’s tip line administrator at (509) 543-6700 ext. 2349. Additionally, you may contact SafeSchools Alert directly by calling (800) 434-0154 or sending an email to email@example.com.
These FAQs may be updated periodically. If you have questions about the content or instructions provided, please contact the District’s tip line administrator at (509) 543-6700 ext. 2349.
Page Last Updated: 01/31/2020