School Resource Officers
The School Resource Officer (SRO) program is a partnership between the Pasco Police Department and Pasco School District which involves the placement of law enforcement officers within PSD middle schools and high schools for the purpose of enforcing laws, conducting presentations to students, faculty and parents, and protecting our staff and students.
The SRO Program is designed to facilitate student pride toward the school, assist the school administration in maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning and provide professional police services in an informative and educational manner to the district. It is important to realize that the officer has been placed in the school to help maintain a safe, orderly, and secure atmosphere for learning. But equally important, they are there to act as a resource person, to assist any student or educator with the resolution of problems coming within the purview of the officer.
Program goals include:
- Provide a safer educational environment that is beneficial to learning
- Reduction of criminal offenses committed by juveniles and young adults
- Establish rapport with students
- Establish rapport with parents, faculty, staff, administrators and other adults
- Create and expand programs with vision and creativity to increase student participation, which benefits students, the school district and the community
- Present a positive role image for students and adults