It is Pasco School District’s responsibility to provide a foundational educational experience to all Pasco students that is designed to provide core, acceleration and enrichment. Pasco School District is committed to five outrageous outcomes that when combined define a trajectory of success for our students. They are built on a foundational belief that all students are capable of success, no exceptions. The Outrageous Outcomes are the foundation of our District Strategic Improvement Plan.
Mastery of Reading by 3rd Grade
100% of all 3rd graders will read on grade level in their language of instruction.
EXPAND partnerships with families, preschools, childcare providers, caregivers, and community organizations to ensure early literacy learning opportunities.
- IMPLEMENT instruction aligned to the state learning standards using materials and frameworks focused on foundational skills for grades K-2.
- IDENTIFY the needs of students early and accelerate learning through targeted intervention.
- INVEST in continuing education to ensure all teachers and staff are highly skilled.
Success in Algebra
100% of students will pass Algebra by the end of 9th grade.
- DEVELOP a strong early math foundation through partnerships with families, preschools, childcare providers, caregivers, and community organizations.
- DELIVER state learning standards using materials and frameworks focused on vertical alignment.
- PROVIDE timely intervention to accelerate student learning.
- TRANSFORM student engagement and performance in math by facilitating teachers’ and leaders’ mastery of instructional practices and concepts.
On Track for Graduation
100% of 9th graders will end the school year on track for graduation.
- ENSURE mastery of priority standards in reading and math through partnerships with families, childcare providers, and community organizations starting prior to kindergarten.
- ENGAGE students in a foundational experience aligned with the state learning standards using core materials and curriculum framework.
- CREATE an early warning system and interventions to help students get on and stay on track.
- CONNECT teachers, leaders, and staff to effective strategies and professional development for facilitating achievement for high school students.
Graduate with a Career Path
100% of students will graduate with a career path.
- IMPLEMENT interest-based programs, personalized learning, timely feedback, and comprehensive High School and Beyond plans to support K-12 students to envision their successes.
- DEVELOP a high school master schedule that is student-centered and creates pathways for meeting graduation requirements.
- EXPAND partnerships with higher education institutions, community partners, and industry by aligning courses with current standards for industry and post-secondary degrees.
Meaningful Connections and Hope
100% of students will experience meaningful connections and hope for their future.
- IMPLEMENT a robust and sustainable multi-tiered system of support that attends to the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of all students.
- PROVIDE all students a safe and positive learning environment that fosters community while embracing diversity, equity, and inclusive practices.
- UTILIZE trauma-informed practices and culturally relevant pedagogy to support student success.
- ENGAGE students, staff, and community in opportunities that support the whole child.