At Pasco School District, the well-being of our students is our top priority. We know that when a child is healthy, they can be more focused, alert, and ready to learn. That's why we are committed to taking care of your child's health while they are at school.
Our Expert School Nurses
Our school nurses are here to help. They are registered nurses with a lot of experience in healthcare. They work hard to make sure our students and families get the best care possible. This is especially important because more students are coming to school with serious health conditions.
What is School Nursing?
School nursing is a special kind of nursing that focuses on keeping students healthy. School nurses help students grow and learn by taking care of their health. They use what we know works best in healthcare to make sure students get the right care.
Here's What We Do:
- Preventative Care: We check students' vision and hearing to catch any problems early.
- Emergency Care: If a student gets sick or hurt at school, we take care of them. We can also help find other medical help if needed.
- Chronic Conditions: Some students have long-term health issues. We help manage these conditions.
- Medications: We make sure students get their medicines as they should.
- Disease Control: We keep an eye on diseases that can spread and work to stop them.
- Immunizations: We make sure students have the right shots to stay healthy.
- Community: We work with parents and the school to make sure everyone knows how to stay healthy.
- Education: We teach students and families about staying healthy.
- Safe Environment: We make sure the school is safe and supportive for everyone.
Our goal is to help every student be their best, healthiest self so they can do their best in school. If you have any questions or concerns about your child's health at school, please reach out to us. We're here to help!
If your child has any health conditions requiring accommodations and/or care through the school day, please contact the school nurse at your child’s school.