Please refer to the following frequently asked questions regarding how the Standards-Based Grading (SBG) system assesses students’ progress toward learning specific standards set for each grade level and course.
- How is standards-based grading different from traditional grading?
- What do the numbers/levels mean?
- How do Missing, Absent, and No Evidence gradebook comments calculate into the final grade?
- Does the grade I see in PowerSchool reflect what the final grade would be?
- How is the final grade calculated?
- What is factored into the final grade?
- Does that mean a student doesn’t have to complete all of their assignments and homework?
- How might this impact my child’s college admission?
- What are rubrics and how do they help?