Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Our American Sign Language (ASL)/Bilingual English program is designed to support the educational journey of deaf and hard of hearing students ages 3 - 21. Our dedicated Certified Teachers of the Deaf provide instruction in specialized deaf education classrooms, as well as within general education classrooms.We understand that every student is unique, and we ensure language access to instruction by utilizing various methods, including ASL interpreters, Hearing Assistive Technology, or a combination of both.
Deaf Education Program Schools
Our program is offered at the following schools:
- Chess Elementary
- McLoughlin Middle School
- Chiawana High School
Benefits of Bilingualism for Deaf Children
By offering both ASL and English instruction, our program provides the following benefits:
- Enhanced communication skills in both ASL and English
- Improved cognitive development and problem-solving abilities.
- Increased self-confidence and self-expression
- Greater access to academic and social opportunities
- Improved literacy skills in both languages
For more information or enrollment, please call us at 509-543-6703.