The Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction has created a set of resources for families and staff use now and throughout the school year. Highlights of what you will find:
- Smarter Balanced Fact Sheet for Parents: Use this resource to learn the key features of the Smarter Balanced assessment.
- Scale Scores - State Assessments: Use this resource to find scale scores for SBA, WCAS, and historical scale score ranges.
- Understanding Student Scores: Use this resource to better understand your student's summative test score report and how you can support their learning at home.
- State Testing FAQ: Use this resource to review the most frequently asked questions about state testing.
- Request to View Your Student's Test: Use this resource to learn how you can request to view your student's test.
- Graduation Toolkit: Use this resource to understand state graduation requirements.
School Report Cards
The state Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction publishes online reports on the progress of all schools in the state.
Information on the National Assessment of Educational Progress
The state level National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) tests in reading, writing, mathematics, science and other subjects provides an important source of independent evidence for the validity of the state assessments while providing policymakers comparisons between Washington achievement and that of the nation and other states.