Rules for Riding the Bus
At Pasco School District, ensuring the safety of our students and staff is our number one priority. Please review the essential rules and guidelines that help create a secure environment for everyone as we journey to and from school.
- Students shall obey the driver and any aide assigned to the bus by the district.
- Students shall be at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Students shall ride only on their assigned bus, shall not be permitted to leave the bus except at their assigned stop, unless written permission to do otherwise has been received by school officials. Kindergarten students shall only ride on their assigned bus to and from their assigned bus stop at all times.
- Students shall remain seated in their assigned seats, observe classroom rules and refrain from the use of obscene language or gestures. Students shall keep all body parts inside the bus at all times.
- Students shall not eat or drink on the bus (with the exception of water).
- Transportation Department adheres to a Zero Tolerance Policy in regards to the possession or use of the following:
- Laser Pointers
- Alcohol/Tobacco products
- Breakable, large and/or bulky items, including large musical instruments, that cannot be held on the students lap and impede boarding, seating or exiting the bus will not be permitted onboard.
- Skateboards, glass and ceramic items are not allowed. (WAC 392-145-021)
- Students shall stand away from the roadway while waiting for or departing from the bus. When necessary to cross the roadway, the students shall always cross the roadway in front of the bus at the direction of the bus driver.
- Students shall not sit in the driver’s seat; tamper with any bus controls or emergency doors.
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) of students identified as causing damage to any part of a bus shall be charged with the cost of the incurred damage.
3412 Stearman Ave.
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm