Welcome to McLoughlin Middle School AthleticsPasco School District believes the student learning experiences should extend beyond the classroom. Extracurricular activities allow our student-athletes to explore different disciplines and develop skills that might not be taught within the core-teaching curriculum. In support of this belief, we offer a wide variety of school activities.McLoughlin has a strong athletic program aimed at developing exceptional student-athletes. Our dedicated coaches strive to mold and motivate our student-athletes to excel in sportsmanship, discipline, teamwork, and individual skill development. Together, coaches and parents can provide our student-athletes with a positive experience that will develop confidence. Together, we can ensure that success is a hallmark of each child's McLoughlin experience.Athletic Director: Gregg HuisinghPhone: 509-547-4542, Option 2Email: GHuisingh@psd1.orgChange in soccer tryout schedule! See below in red.2017-18 Fall sport athletes and parents!!!!!!McLoughlin's athletic registration process is now open. You may register for up to four sports during this one registration process (one sport in each of our four sport seasons). Give some thought to what sports you would like to participate in and register for all at the same time. Please see the "REGISTER NOW" button below to take you directly to our registration process.
New at Mac . . !
McLoughlin Athletic Booster Club
We are excited to announce that McLoughlin has a booster club to help support student athletics. Memberships and spirit gear will be available at the up coming parent night August 16th and during the first week of fall practices. Membership is $20 and includes a t-shirt and a variety of coupons throughout the year. One of our goals is to provide concessions at most home games to raise money to support our athletic programs. Meetings will be on the second Monday of each month. For more information please contact Karen Campbell at MACboosters1@gmail.Com We are looking forward to a great year for our student athletes.
Fall athletic parent meeting / Meet the coaches: August 16, 5pm in the gym. Park in the back parking lot by the football field.Important Dates:
• August 16 – Main office open- Fall Athletics Parent meeting in the gym (5 - 6pm)**UPATE: Currently our computer system is being updated. ASB payments will not be able to purchased for a couple days...We will update this website as soon as the system is restored. For athletic eligibility and practice participation, FAMILY ID & PHYSICALS MUST be completed. The ASB will be able to be purchased before school begins.
• August 21 – FB 8th grade gear issue (1pm) & 7/8 prac. (3pm)
- Mr. Huisingh will be collecting physicals and checking registrations
near the main entrance from 12pm – 3pm.
• August 22 – Girls (only) soccer tryouts begin (3pm)
- Day 2 for physical collection and registration check
12pm – 3pm
- FB 7th grade gear issue (1pm) second prac.
• August 23 – VB tryouts (Day 1) (7th gr. 3–4:30pm, 8th gr. 4:30–6pm)- Day 2 of girls soccer tryouts
- XC begins at 3pm
- Day 3 for physical collection and registration check
12pm – 3pm
- August 24 – VB tryouts (Day 2) (7th gr. 3–4:30pm, 8th gr. 4:30–6pm)
- August 24 - 25: Boys (only) soccer tryouts (3pm)
• August 29 – 1st day of school for 7th grade
Practices and Contests
• FB, Soc, XC – practices after school until 4:45ish (pick-up by 5)
• VB A & B teams – 6am – 7:20am (after tryouts)
• M.A.C. VB – after school until 4:45pm except on school team match days
• FB, VB, XC – Contests begin at 4pm
• Soc – matches will most likely be “stacked” with the girls playing at 4pm and the boys to follow at 5:15pm due to a shortage of officials.
• M.A.C. VB matches will likely begin at 3:15pm
• Please check the website regularly for changes.Online Athletic RegistrationMcLoughlin's athletic registration process is online through a partner company, Family ID.The only items you will have to take care of outside of our online process are 1) turn in a paper copy of your son/daughter's physical exam (good for 24 months) to Mr. Huisingh in the Athletics Office and 2) pay your son's/daughter's ASB fee ($15 ) at our school office prior to the beginning of the sport.To register online now, go to the link below.Below is the link to the sports physical form. The physician will fill it out during the physical exam. (A well-check does not count as a sports physical.)Honor, Sportsmanship, Courage, Respect, CitizenshipAthletic Season Schedule for 2017 - 2018(based on most recent information and is subject to change)
Football Boys Basketball Girls Basketball Track & Field Boys Soccer Dance Team Wrestling Baseball Girls Soccer Girls Bowling M.A.C. Basketball Softball Volleyball M.A.C. Basketball Tennis Cross Country M.A.C. Volleyball Beginning dates:
Dates:Football - 8/21Girls Soccer - 8/22Boys Soccer - 8/24Volleyball - 8/23XC - 8/23
All sports - All sports - All sports -Contests generally begin at 4 pm. Exceptions will be posted on specific team schedules.
Tri-Cities Middle School Athletic Association - For the most up-to-date schedules check McLoughlin's sport schedule for each team as this website is not updated as frequently.
Directions to Middle School (TCMSAA)