GEAR UP stand for “Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs” GEAR UP is your program and it serves to provide and enhance college-readiness support to CHS students and families that will graduate in 2023.
- Academic tutoring support
- Enriched math technology with the TI Nspire system
- College and Technical campus visits
- Collegiate planning and support for all 4 years of high school
- Financial literacy, scholarship search and assistance and comprehensive student mentoring with the WA state college bound scholarship.
- College and career exploration through Virtualjobshadow.com
- College and Career Club for interested students aspiring to succeed.
- Direct connections to PSD and surrounding community resources.
- Parent outreach and collegiate resource development
- 1/1 and group financial literacy program: to include topics such as paying for college, scholarship cultivation, applying for college and financial aid, writing the college application essay, community college and tech school information and College fit.
- Partnership programming with High School ATP programs
- Community resource sharing
Our website link is http://gearup.earlyoutreach.org/ Location of our formal program information for the whole grant. Not just our school.
- M-F 7:15 am to 4:30pm
- A.M. tutoring services – 7:15am to first hour
- Both lunches in the seminar rooms
- P.M. tutoring from after school to 4:30pm
- Distance learning tutoring for Freshmen on the online Zoom platform.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org