- Pasco School District
PSD Seeks Community Input on Name for New Middle School
Pasco School District is seeking nominations from the public on the name for Middle School #4.
Names most likely to be forwarded to the Board of Directors for consideration will honor the contributions of individuals to the development of young children. Nominations can be submitted on the District’s website at www.psd1.org/SchoolNames and are due by midnight on February 15.
With your suggestion, please include the reason(s) why you are proposing the name. All suggestions will be reviewed by the School Naming Committee, which will then recommend a list of possible names to the Pasco School District Board of Directors. The Board will select the name for the new middle school.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- The names shall be known to, and significant to, the people of the Pasco School District
- The names shall not conflict with the names of other schools in our area
- Names of living persons shall be avoided unless circumstances warrant
- In order for names of living persons to be considered, the person or persons must:
- Be representative of Pasco’s community
- Have strong connections to the Pasco community
- Have served as an inspiration to others
- Have overcome obstacles to achieve success
Community members can also call (509) 543-6734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application to join the Middle School Naming Committee.
Posted: January 16, 2019