- Pasco School District
Coronavirus: Public Health Information for Families
There has been a lot of attention on the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), and the Pasco, Kennewick and Richland school districts want to share some resource information with our families provided by the Washington State Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
According to the Washington State Department of Health, the risk to the general public is low and there is no evidence the virus is spreading in Washington and the United States. At this time, most people are not considered at risk for 2019-nCoV infection and do not need to seek medical evaluation for the virus.
The normal precautions during cold and flu season to prevent the spread of germs apply:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds; use alcohol-based sanitizer if no water is available. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick
- Stay home if sick
- Cover cough or sneeze with tissue, throw tissue in trash, wash hands immediately
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched object and surfaces
You can find more about coronavirus at the links below or call the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127 and press the # key.
- Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2020, Washington State Department of Health
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Our local school districts will continue to closely monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus and will update the community in the event of any steps being taken to protect students and staff.
Posted: February 7, 2020